How To Install Lightroom Presets Mobile
This step-by-step guide will tell you how to install Lightroom Mobile presets into the app.
Step 1: Download the DNG files to your phone
First of all, to open up the download link, you need to have a Zip extractor app and Lightroom downloaded on your phone.• The presets come into a ZIP file so, it’s necessary to unzip the file.
• You can use apps like iZip to unzip the file directly on your phone.
• Once downloaded, please unzip the file with the app you have installed.
Step 2: Import the DNG files into the Lightroom app
• At this point, you should have all of your DNG files saved to your phone.
• The DNG files serve as a “carriers” so that you can now just add them to Lightroom mobile and save presets out of them.
• If you go into your photo stream and see them as blank picture files, don’t worry, that’s how they should look.
• Open the Lightroom app and create a new album. In this case, I’ll name it “Gabriele Vinci – Portrait Collection”.
• Then open the new album by tapping on the 3 dots in the right side of the view and then tap on “Add Photos”.
• Next, select the DNG files and import them into the new album just created in Lightroom by clicking the “Open” button.
Step 3: create and save your Presets
• Open the first file.
• Now, tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right of the screen and then tap on “Create Preset”.
• The checkboxes below determine which picture settings you have to save with these preset.
• Check all boxes except for “Light” > “Exposure” and “Color” > “White Balance”. That’s because those parameters vary from picture to picture, and you’ll need to set the correct values related to the Exposure and White Balance for each photo. Uncheck “Tools”, “Optics” and “Geometry” as well.
• Now, you need to give your preset a name (a suggested name is visible on each single DNG file), and then add it into a Preset Group in Lightroom. If you haven’t created a group yet, I suggest you create it now by naming it as you prefer.
• You can now save the Presets by clicking on the checkmark icon at the top right corner of the view.
• Repeat this step for each DNG file as you will need to save each preset separately. Don’t worry, you only need to do this once.
Step 4: using Lightroom Mobile Presets
• Find the Presets icon in the menu at the bottom of the screen and tap on it.
• If it’s not, please, tap on the name of the Group and select the correct Preset Group from the list.
• Now you can edit the photo by tapping on a preset from the list and then tap on the checkmark. You can continue to edit the photo and make adjustments if you like, even after you’ve applied the preset.
That’s it! Your presets are now ready to go.